The Bottom Line
- Wide Variety of Themes in Designs
- Pattern Key Printed on Each Page of Chart
- Back Stitch Is Color-Coded
- Clear Photos of Each Design are Provided
- Patterns Appear on More than One Page
- Some Patterns Symbols are Difficult to Distinguish
- The wide variety of themes is sure to please. Santas, bears, and even snow-globes are among the stocking themes.
- Clear directions are provided for putting the four parts of the chart together to create the final stitched stocking.
- The pattern key is printed for each double page of the chart.
Guide Review - Donna Kooler's Ultimate Stocking Collection - Leisure Arts
Each pattern is accompanied by an alphabet chart for personalization and easy instructions for assembling the stockings are provided. A key is clearly printed for each two-page spread of the four-page chart.
Step-by-step instructions for making the stockings are included.
Overview of Designs: (Designer)
- Crafter's Stocking (Gillum and Hillman) - Sewing notions and a cute Santa doll are incorporated in a stocking with a crafty saying.
- Folk Art Collection (Hillman) - Colorful Folk art Santa, birds, and hearts accompany unique trees.
- Welcome to My Garden (Gillum) - Santa pottering around the gardening shed with a few helpful kittens.
- Good Dogs (Rossi) - Canine Friends on the Stairs waiting for Christmas.
- Winter Fun on Ice (Gillum) - Cuddly animals cavort on the snowy and a frozen pond as they sled and skate.
- Snowman and Friends (Gillum) - Design features a snowman and various little creatures.
- Bygone Days (Orton) - A sledding girl in classic colors framed by holly.
- Up, Up, and Away (Gillum) - Classic image of Santa and Sled.
- Curious Cats (Rossi) - Feline friends line the garlanded stairway.
- Two by Two (Gillum) - Noah's Ark-themed stocking would be perfect for a baby's first Christmas.
- I'd Rather Be Fishing (Gillum) - A fly-fishing Santa with lures and nets in his pack.
- Teddy the Bear and Friends (Gillum) - Jolly Santa Bear with numerous woodland creatures.
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (Orton) - Victorian tableau presents the classic story in a glance.
- Snow Dome Collection (Gillum) - Domes represent various aspect of the Christmas story, from secular to sacred.
- O Holy Night (Rossi) - Stained glass Nativity scene in jewel tones.