- When you find a pattern, print or save it immediately. Websites may change so a bookmark will not direct you to a pattern that has been altered or removed.
- Many patterns, including those at About Cross Stitch, are in the same format as pictures. Adjust print settings to get a larger, easy-to-read pattern.
- Using the same technique listed above, experiment to get the key and the pattern to print on the same page if they are separate. Additionally, using “cut and paste” may be an option.
- To quickly print free patterns from About.com Cross Stitch, use the "Print this page" option or highlight the pattern and key and choose the "Print Selection" option.
- Another option may be to "cut and paste" the pattern and key into another file and print or save that file.
- If patterns do not print clearly, check your ink cartridge in your printer. Save patterns until you can get a fresh cartridge.
- Since the ink for most computer printers is not colorfast, protect patterns from moisture. Use report covers or sheet protectors.
For free patterns designed by About.com Cross Stitch Guide, Connie G. Barwick, see the Free Cross Stitch Patterns from A-Z index.
Stay up-to-date with when new articles and free patterns are added to About.com Cross Stitch. Subscribe to thefree newsletter today.