Learn how to stitch a quarter stitch. Quarter stitches are often used to create details in Cross Stitch designs.
Time Required: Varies
- This diagram represents a square of Aida fabric. To stitch a quarter stitch, bring the threaded tapestry needle up at 1.
- To complete the stitch, bring the threaded tapestry needle down at 2, through the center of the square. Quarter stitches may be stitched from any corner of the Aida square.
- Use a smaller size needle when stitching quarter stitches.
- Do not pierce the fibers in the center of the square. Wiggle the needle to shift the fibers and slip the needle between them.
- Need help? Get it in the About.com Cross Stitch Forum. Become a part of a world-wide stitching community.
- Stay up-to-date with when new tutorials, articles, and patterns are added to About.com Cross Stitch. Sign up for the free newsletter today.
What You Need