Cross Stitch Community
- About.com Cross Stitch Forum
- Stitcher's Online Photo Album
- Cross Stitch Tips
- Cross Stitch Charities and Organizations
- Festivals, Events, and Classes
- Cross Stitch Polls - Voice Your Opinion
- Subscribe to the About.com Cross Stitch Newsletter and RSS feed
- Make About.com Cross Stitch Your Home Page
About.com Cross Stitch Forum
The Cross Stitch Forum offers Stitcher's the opportunity to participate in conversations with other stitchers from around the world. Many friendships have developed over the years, with some stitchers even arranging to meet their forum friends while on vacation. New stitchers can get advice from experienced Cross Stitch enthusiasts. Intermediate stitchers can get tips and help from Advanced Stitchers. Attachments allow you to show off your stitching progress. If you are searching for an out-of-print pattern, or a specific type of pattern, chances are that someone will know just where to find what you are seeking.
- Register for the About.com Cross Stitch Forum
- Helpful Forum How to's
- Cross Stitch Forum Guidelines
- Forum Start Page
Stitcher's Online Photo Album
The About.com Cross Stitch Photo Album allows stitchers to share images of their completed projects with other stitchers. Submissions range from simple beginner's projects to complex projects with embellishments such as ribbon embroidery. It's not just for Cross Stitch - send in photos of any needlework project you want to show off!
- View all Photos in the Album
- Submit Photos
- Post a Question or Comment About a Photo in the About.com Cross Stitch Forum
Cross Stitch Tips
As stitching skills progress, stitchers learn tips and tricks to make the mechanics of stitching more successful and enjoyable. Many stitchers have participated in About.com Cross Stitch by submitting their best hints so that others may benefit from their experiences. Read the great tips submitted by stitchers and then share your own tips.
- Submit a Cross Stitch Tip
- Tips from Experienced Stitchers
- How to Add Seed Beads to Cross Stitch Designs
- Tips on Making Time to Stitch
- Tips for Left-Handed Stitchers
- Tips on Stitching With Metallic Threads and Flosses
- Eliminate a Stain from Cross Stitch Fabric
- Ideas for Holiday Decorations Using Cross Stitch
Cross Stitch Charities and Organizations
Many Stitchers choose to use their Cross Stitch skills to help others. Whether it is stitching a square to be a part of a quilt for a terminally ill child, or making a Cross Stitch memorial for a fallen soldier's family, or adding a design to an afghan for a senior's lap, your stiches help warm the hearts of others. Cross Stitch clubs, craft associations, and needlework guilds provide many resources for members. Classes help with improving skills. Meetings mean new contacts in the stitching world. Conferences offer opportunities for travel and fun.
- Cross Stitch Organizations
- Cross Stitch Charities
- Start Your Own Cross Stitch Club
- Share What Participating in a Charity or Needlecraft Organization Means to You
Festivals, Events, and Classes
If you are aware of a stitching class, festival, or event, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it to the list.
Cross Stitch Polls - Voice Your Opinion
Cross Stitch Polls allow you to voice your opinion and give feedback. Share your viewpoint with other stitchers and use the comments button on each poll to add further explanations of what you think.
- Cross Stitch Injuries Poll
- Do You Attend Festivals and Events?
- Do You Make Working Copies?
- Do You Mix Floss Brands in Projects?
- Do You Stab or Do You Sew?
- Do You Stitch Outdoors?
- Do You Stitch with Silk Floss?
- Do You Stitch With Variegated Floss?
- Have You Stitched With Sullivans Embroidery Floss?
- How Do You Display Your Designs?
- How Do You Form Three-Quarter Stitches?
- What Do You Do to Prepare Your Fabric for Stitching?
- What is Your Favorite Fabric Count?
- What Type of Designs Do You Prefer?
- What Type of Hoop Do You Use?
- Which Supply Is Your Weakness?
- Which Way Do Your Half Stitches Face?
- Who Taught You to Stitch?
Subscribe to the About.com Cross Stitch Newsletter and RSS feed
Stay up-to-date with when new patterns, features, and articles are added to About.com Cross Stitch.
Make About.com Cross Stitch Your Home Page
When you open up your Web browser, the very first page that you see is called your home page. You can change the setting in your browser so that your home page can be any Web page you want. The method for changing your home page is a little different depending on your browser. If these directions don't help, read through your browser's help section. Choose your browser below.