Description of Plastic Canvas:
Why to Use Plastic Canvas:
- Plastic canvas is durable,
- Plastic canvas will not rip, fray or shrink.
- Plastic canvas can be used to create 3-D projects.
- Plastic canvas is a great medium for many Cross Stitch projects including bookmarks, cards, and ornaments.
Tips About Stitching on Plastic Canvas:
- Use one fewer strand of floss when stitching on plastic canvas.
- It may be helpful to use a smaller-sized tapestry needle when stitching on plastic canvas. The plastic canvas will not give like fabric will.
- Let your needle dangle frequently to avoid knots and over-twisting of the floss.
- Do not carry floss across blank areas of the plastic canvas.
- Use the loop method to start stitches.
Cross Stitch Projects Using Plastic Canvas:
Transform a Tote with Cross Stitch
Create a Quick Cross Stitch Candy Dish
Make a Cross Stitch Pin