From the article: Sources For Cross Stitch Supplies
Where do you buy your stitching supplies? Let us know about your favorite sources. If it is an online source, please be sure to include the website. If your favorite shop is a brick-and-mortar store, let us know the location so we can visit too!
The Stitching Post
- There is no place that can compare with the Stitching Post in Catonsville, MD for supplies, help and encouragement. If you can't find it there, it can't be found. For those of you who can't stop in, the email address is www.the-stitching-post.com.
MMIJA.com - patterns fabric
- MMIJA.com is a online source for superior quality quilting & clothing fabrics, punch needle kits, supplies and patterns.
- —Guest QuiltFan
Hej, my fave stitch store...
- Is Sommerfuglen (Danish for 'the butterfly'). Address: Vandkunsten 3, DK-1467 Copenhagen K,Denmark. Website: www.sommerfuglen.dk/shop/eng/frontpage.html
one online favourite
- I like crossstitchcompany.com just for the unusual patterns they have. They've got some kits as well, and books, although these are Amazon ones. But still, it saves having to search for hours through the exhaustive Amazon list.
- This site will send you a newsletter every week and will pick a topic along with suggested patterns and kits. Such as "flowers" or "cats".
The Silver Needle, Oklahoma
- Wonderful site that has everything, plus online sales and gifts with your order. Nice people to deal with! The same can be said about Down Sunshine Lane in South Carolina, too! Most stores in my area have cut way back on cross stitch since knitting is so popular. Also use Herschner's, Everything Cross Stitch, and Patterns Online I get more personal sevice online than in the retail stores!!
- I love shopping on Janlynn.com, they have such wonderful kits and when you open your order, suprise free gifts!
favorite place to shop
- I do not have any store that sells neeedlecraft supplies near me,so I order online. My favorite place is Evertthing Crossstitch. They have a nice selection and delivery is very quick. Ashley
Stitch and Frame
- This little shop is in Rock Hill, SC. Lots of patterns, threads, materials and they also do terrific work with their framing. The best thing of all, is that if they haven't got it, they'll order it, as well as have evening gatherings twice a month just to chat and stitch.
- —Guest Debbie
Favorite Place to Shop
- Needle in a Haystack. I shop on line, but they have a physical shop, too. It is in California.They seem to have everything and they ship promptly.
- —Guest Crossedcat
Favorite X stitch store
- Salty Yarns in Ocean City Maryland. Lots of patterns and thread.They also have a website.
- —Guest BethMD
- For DMC: AC Moore (esp during 6 for $1 sales). For Silk: Hand Dyed Fibers. For everything else: Stitching Bits & Bobs & ABC Stitch.
- —Guest Abi
Acorns and Threads
- So many of the needle work stores have disappeared since knitting became so popular. Even the local craft shops have cut way back on cross stitch items. Thankfully Acorns and Threads is still alive and well in Portland. It's a 40 minute drive for me but it's worth it.
- —Guest cathartes